Konu Arama Konu Arama  Konu Seçenekleri Konu Seçenekleri
hongwei28 Açılır Kutu Gör
Kıdemli Üye
Kıdemli Üye
Simge

Kayıt Tarihi: 15.Haziran.2018
Aktif Durum: Aktif Değil
Gönderilenler: 265
  Alıntı hongwei28 Alıntı  Yanıt YazCevapla Mesajın Direkt Linki Konu: Western Conference
    Gönderim Zamanı: 22.Ağustos.2018 Saat 05:13
Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross says he won't force his players to stand for the national anthem Raiders Kolton Miller Jersey , even though he believes kneeling is a counterproductive way to promote social justice.

Ross' comments Tuesday in a statement released by the Dolphins came after the New York Daily News reported that he said all of the team's players will stand for the anthem in 2018. Ross was in New York on Monday to be honored by the Jackie Robinson Foundation and receive its ROBIE Lifetime Achievement Award.

"I have no intention of forcing our players to stand during the anthem, and I regret that my comments have been misconstrued," Ross said in his statement.

"I've shared my opinion with all our players: I'm passionate about the cause of social justice, and I feel that kneeling is an ineffective tactic that alienates more people than it enlists."

Colin Kaepernick started the NFL anthem movement when he was with the San Francisco 49ers in 2016 to protest racial inequality and police brutality. President Donald Trump has criticized the movement, saying it's disrespectful to service members.

"I know our players care about the military and law enforcement too," Ross said in his statement, "because I've seen the same players who are fighting for social justice engaging positively with law enforcement and the military. I care passionately that the message of social justice resonates far and wide, and I will continue to support and fund efforts for those who fight for equality for all."

Dolphins players Julius Thomas Calvin Ridley Jersey Elite , Michael Thomas and Kenny Stills knelt during the anthem before games last season. At one point coach Adam Gase established a team rule requiring players either to stand for the anthem or stay in the tunnel.

When protesting players told Gase waiting in the tunnel was interfering with their game preparation, he relaxed the rule and allowed them to resume their sideline kneeling.

Stills was the Dolphins' nominee for the NFL's Walter Payton Man of the Year Award, which honors involvement in the community and performance on the field. He's expected to be back with Miami with 2018, but Julius Thomas and Michael Thomas are less likely to return.

The NFL has passed a new rule for this season that says any player who initiates contact with his helmets is subject to ejection after an in-game video review that will be decided in New York.

Al Riveron, the league’s head of officiating, said a foul can be called regardless of where on the body – not just the head or neck area – that one player hits another with his helmet. The rule is not position-specific, so offensive players will be subject to the same criteria as defensive players.

”This is about eliminating unnecessary use of the helmet,” Riveron said Tuesday at the NFL spring meetings.

If a player is ejected B.J. Hill Jersey Giants , Riveron and his staff in New York will use network camera angles to determine if the ejection is necessary. He promised that games will not become ”an ejection fest” every week.

”Immediately when I learn in New York that there’s an ejection, I will ask the network to give me everything you’ve got,” Riveron said. ”I will take a look at it, I will rule on it and I will say yes, he’s ejected, (or) no, leave him in the game.

”Play will stop, and we will expedite it. That’s why we won’t have the referee come over and we’re not going to get the replay official involved Cheap Kyle Lauletta Jersey ,” Riveron said. ”The only way the replay official will be involved is he will call it and immediately tell the command center, we have an ejection on `No. 22 White.”’

Atlanta Falcons CEO Rich McKay, the head of the league’s competition committee, said the league had conference calls and a webinar with every coaching staff in the league last week to tell them to begin teaching a new, safer technique.

McKay said the rule passed after the league looked at tens of thousands of examples on film to determine how to reduce concussions. Contact that’s made by leading with the helmet no longer has a place in the NFL.

”We have always learned don’t put your neck at risk and everything else,” he said. ”Now we’ve taken it a step further and said that we need to teach it out of the game and put a rule in and get it out of the game.”

The rule applies to linemen, too. They can no longer lower their helmets to initiate contact.

”It’s a culture change, and it’s something that we take full responsibility” for Derrick Nnadi Color Rush Jersey , Riveron said. ”Prior to training camp we will have position-specific videos done by head coaches such as offensive line play, defensive line play, defensive backs, linebackers, special teams, runners. Why? Because this rule is all-inclusive for all players in all parts of the field.”

Yukarı Dön
 Yanıt Yaz Yanıt Yaz

Forum Atla Forum İzinleri Açılır Kutu Gör

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.06
Copyright ©2001-2007 Web Wiz